We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, our commitment to you remains “First Do No Harm” as we re-open our office. Infection control has always been a top priority of our practice and these procedures are meant to keep you both safe and comfortable. We will be following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Academy of Audiology (AAA), the American Speech, Language & Hearing Association (ASHA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We monitor these agencies and so we can stay up to date with the most recent recommendations.
We wish to inform you of the changes that we are introducing for your safety and the safety of our high risk staff.
- We have installed acrylic/Plexiglas at the reception desk windows for protection.
- All patients will be seen one at a time by appointment only. This includes hearing aid supply purchases or pick-ups although we will offer a window of time each day for supply pick-ups.
- All patients or those accompanying them will be required to wear masks unless they are under age 2. Only one additional family member or caretaker may accompany the patient.
- Our staff will be wearing PPE to include gloves, N95 or KN95 masks and safety goggles or face shields will be used for some procedures.
- We will be implementing a COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire to ensure your good health prior to being seen.
- We will be taking temperatures of those seen in the office with a non-contact forehead thermometer.
- We will offer drive-up hearing aid repair & adjustment appointments.
- We will offer counseling or hearing aid orientation through a telehealth appointment.
- We will keep our clinic door locked so that we can see only one patient at a time.
- We will thoroughly disinfect the exam area or office before the next patient is seen. We will also disinfect the waiting room if the patient spent any time there as well.
- We will disinfect any hearing aids that are handled prior to returning them to you.
We look forward to seeing & interacting with you. If you have made an appointment, please read our appointment procedure letter prior to arrival.
Beth Chiusano & staff